With the warm weather upon us, many families are trying to get past those winter blues by going outdoors and enjoying the scenery and fresh air. There are many fun outdoor activities to do with kids throughout the spring, summer, and fall!
Here are some ideas:
- Nature Scavenger Hunt: Create a list of items for your child to find in nature, such as a particular type of leaf, a flower, a feather, a rock, or a pinecone.
- Build a Fort: Collect sticks and branches to build a fort with your child. You can also use blankets, sheets, and pillows for added comfort.
- Obstacle Course: Set up an obstacle course using natural elements like logs, rocks, and tree stumps. You can also add tasks like crawling under a rope or balancing on a log.
- Gardening: Plant some vegetables, herbs, or flowers with your child. Teach them about the planting process and how to care for the plants as they grow.
- Animal Watching: Go on a nature walk and see how many different types of animals you can spot, such as birds, squirrels, rabbits, or deer.
- Campfire and S’mores: Build a campfire and enjoy some delicious s’mores with your child. Teach them about fire safety and how to roast marshmallows.
- Fishing: Teach your child how to fish and spend some time relaxing by the water. Make sure to bring all the necessary equipment, including bait and a fishing rod.
- Hiking: Go on a hike with your child and explore the natural beauty of your surroundings. Make sure to bring water and snacks for the trip.
- Outdoor Games: Play outdoor games like Frisbee, tag, or hide and seek. You can also make up your own games using the natural elements around you.
Contact a PotlatchDeltic Preferred Broker Network expert to find that perfect property to enhance outdoor fun with your family. At PotlatchDeltic, we love selling recreational properties that can help families create cherished memories and experiences.
Check out the website Take Them Outside for more outdoor fun ideas.